Brookfield Kids and COVID-19
Brookfield Kids is committed to providing a fun and safe environment for children to experience the joy of knowing Jesus. As we transition back to meeting in-person, we are taking several precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Due to space constraints for safety, attendance at Kids Church will be limited. If your child is interested in attending, please send an email to Kids Director Sarah Luczkiw.
At this time we have 2 classrooms open: the Rainforest Room (ages 3 through kindergarten) and the Mountain Room (1st though 4th grade).
Time & Location
Kids Church will be offered during the 9:30 and 11:00 am services each Sunday. The Kids Church rooms are located upstairs in the 5 N Court St. building, directly above the Holzer Clinic and Fry'd.
Kids Church check-in will open 10 minutes before the start of service. When you arrive upstairs:
- Wait in line using the social distancing markers on the floor.
- Print name tags if you have done Pre-Check. If you’re checking in for the first time, our Check-In Volunteer will help you.
- Our Check-In Volunteer will take your child's temperature. Anyone with a temperature of 100 degrees or higher will be asked to not attend Kids Church for the day.
- Remind your child to get a squirt of hand sanitizer at their classroom door. They can then enter their classroom.
- Once your child is checked into their classroom, you can head downstairs and enjoy the service!
- All adults and children ages 2 and up will be required to wear a face mask at all times in Kids Church. If a child is unable to adhere, we ask that you do not send them to Kids Church at this time. Kids-sized disposable masks will be available at the check in area for those that need one.
- In order to minimize bathroom breaks, please take your child to the bathroom in the main lobby area prior to service.
- No snack will be served at this time.
- Each child will have their own bin with materials & toys just for them.
- In order to minimize the number of people in the classrooms, we ask that parents do not enter the classrooms.
- Anyone with a temperature of 100 degrees or higher will be asked to not attend Kids Church for the day. All volunteers and children must also be without any fever reducing medicine for a minimum of 72 hours prior to arrival.
- Kids Church will be sanitized after each service.
Please do not send your child to Kids Church if they are exhibiting any of these symptoms:
shortness of breath
new loss of taste or smell
congestion or runny nose
nausea or vomiting
Spacing groups of chairs at least 6 feet apart to accommodate social distancing
Blocking off areas where we would typically congregate
Providing touchless hand sanitizer dispensers
Installing air purifiers in our auditorium
Installing UV lighting in our HVAC system
Eliminating shared objects such as programs, Bibles, and the passing of offering baskets
Posting hygiene, social distancing, and mask reminders throughout the building
Using directed seating to ensure that only members of the same household sit together
Eliminating the distribution of food and beverages
We're excited to see you!
If you have any questions, please reach out to Sarah Luczkiw.